Mobile devices are used everywhere, and that means EVERY business has to embrace the technology and extend their systems to incorporate the current single largest pervasive technology.
Businesses have traditionally built their operational foundations on paper-based processes; these are highly inefficient, cause slow turnaround times, errors and provide poor operational visibility. Mobile apps offer unprecedented opportunities for streamlining business processes - especially as they become more prolific.
Mobile apps aren’t just confined to consumer use but are now being used by businesses for their internal operational processes such as data processing, signature and photo capture and much more.
So why should you consider leveraging the opportunities a mobile business app can offer?
The Six Benefits of Mobile Business Apps*
1. Rich data capture in real time: Processes are dramatically slower if you have to collect your data before manually uploading it to your business system. With a mobile app you can have always-on, always available, rich data capture in real time including; text, numbers, photos, signatures and GPS locations, all on a mobile phone/device app. This enables increased data visibility to key decision makers without having to be in the field, in turn giving them the ability to make a decision from the office while receiving the data in real time.
2. Work Offline: You are also able to access and collect your data whilst offline. The mobile app automatically synchronizes data in the background and stores it on the device, so that users can access data in the app even without connectivity. Captured data is also stored in the cloud so that no data is ever lost.
3. Reduce problem solving time: An issue in the field can take a long time to resolve if the right support isn’t available, this in turn can cause costly delays, e.g. confusion with project plans and measurements. Having real time communication and data availability can assist experts in providing guidance to remote field workers, dramatically decreasing issue resolution time.
4. Work the way you live: We are all adopting mobile apps in our everyday lives, whether it be for shopping, social networking or organisation. Workers are increasingly using smartphones in their private lives and expect to have the same capabilities at work. This is now possible with the development of mobile business applications that can support field workers to make more timely and effective decisions on-site.
5. Custom Branding: Your business app can be customised to suit your unique requirements whilst being consistent with your business branding. Your company name, logo and the processes can be integrated into a unique app which fits your business needs.
6. Fast and easy to use: Mobile apps are very simple to use plus the devices are small, light and easily transported. There is no need to carry around big old bulky devices or a clipboard, pen and paper which can be easily lost, when this technology is available. To progress in their industry everyone should be looking at adapting to change and using the most up to date technology.
These are just a few of the benefits of having an enterprise app and reasons why businesses should look at investing in getting one. The key point to remember is that mobile business apps will increase employee productivity regardless of time or location.
So why not be in control and plan your company strategy with applications that work on mobile as well as your desktop and be ahead of the game?
Building and deploying customised mobile apps has traditionally been expensive, slow and complex. With the availability of more stable and effective development platforms we can now have them built in weeks rather than months, with less hassle and cost.
The business world is moving very quickly towards running on mobile as well as traditional desktop – why don’t you join us in this revolution?
*Source: The Grove Group